****** WELCOME ******
Dr Wilson’s retiral
Dear clients, friends and patients,
I am letting you know that I am now retiring after almost 40 years in veterinary practice.
Consequently, I am no longer accepting any new clients or patients.
However, I am available for followup consultations with existing patients on www.holisticvetonline.com until the end of March.
Also, let me know if you require me to resupply any remedies this month.
I thank you for entrusting me with the health and care of your animals and wish you all the best ( … and good diets !!! ) for the future.
Other holistic veterinarians can be found on
Dr Douglas Wilson
BVM&S PhD VetMFHom MANZCVS Cert IAVH
Are you looking for
holistic veterinary treatment
alternative care for your animals
treating the cause, not just the symptoms
This website allows you to make an appointment with a qualified veterinarian who is trained in alternative therapies.
This means your animals will be provided with
quality professional care
at an affordable price
****** ****** ****** ******
Holistic Veterinarian On-line
Welcome to the homepage of Holistic Vet Online. Our aim is to help provide Holistic Veterinary care throughout the world to clients and animals that do not have a local Holistic veterinarian.
Our service is easy to use. You simply book a consultation on-line using the appointment diary and fill in the client and patient information forms. The Holistic Vet Online will contact you by telephone (or VoIP*) when your appointment is due. You will be speaking straight to the Holistic Vet Online.
*VoIP is Voice over Internet Protocol (eg Skype, FaceTime) that can be used to speak over the internet (instead of the telephone) and can be used with a webcam.
Any supplies will be shipped to you by airmail after the consultation.
Holistic Vet Online also welcomes referrals from other veterinarians.
What is Holistic Veterinary Medicine?
The word Holistic is sometimes spelled "wholistic" since holistic veterinarians concentrate on bringing health to the whole animal and not just part of it. This is in contrast to conventional medicine which considers disease affecting only one particular system or part of the body. For example, eczema is conventionally classified as a skin problem. However, the condition is often suppressed or does not resolve with conventional treatment since the cause of the problem is usually complex and involves factors that affect the whole animal.
The Holistic Vet Online website is the idea of Dr Douglas Wilson BVM&S PhD MANZCVS VetMFHom CertIAVH.
Dr Wilson is a veterinarian with over 35 years of experience. He has worked in the USA, UK, Europe, India, Australia and New Zealand.
He recognizes that there are limitations to conventional veterinary treatment and now uses a holistic approach to animal health care.
Dr Wilson is experienced in treating dogs and cats, horses, farm animals and other animals.
- He is a previous member of the American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association (AHVMA)
- The British Association of Homeopathic Veterinary Surgeons (BAHVS)
- The International Association for Veterinary Homeopathy (IAVH)
- and is Past-President of the Australian Holistic Veterinarians (AHV)
- Aromatherapy for cats, dogs and Other animals
- Caring for Old Dogs, Cats and other animals
- Caring for your new puppy
- Natural Pregnancy care of the dog (bitch) and cat (queen)
- Eggbinding in birds and Fungus treatment in fish
- Environmentally friendly fish pond
- Feeding your cat
- Feeding your dog
- Homeopathic First Aid for Pets
- Environmentally friendly alternatives to mow your lawn / grass
- Natural Flea and Tick Control
- Natural Sun Protection for Cats and Dogs
- Natural Vaccination Alternatives for Animals
- Care for cats and protecting wildlife
- Using Herbs to Treat animals
Terms and Conditions
Please read the Terms and Conditions before making an appointment.
The Holistic Vet Online occasionally produces an email newsletter. Click here to sign up for these.
Page last edited: Mar 11th 2018